Tuesday 21 April 2009

Teams still surprise me

Sunday i was fixtured for a local game between two sides who, shall we say " have their moments". Expecting a battle i started the game. To my surprise for ninty mins neither side made a bad challenge, abused each other, abused me or got out of hand. In fact it was a game where twenty three of us on the park had a great time. Shame that all Sunday Football isnt played in that spirit.

I was asked one question by the away skipper following a goal. From kick off second half a home player, played the ball, his team mate took a shot from the halfway line and scored. The away skipper questioned why the ball " had not travelled forward ?" He took my explaination quite well when i told him it only has to be played. It still prooves that players, try as they might, dont know the laws of the game, do they?


Clik me to see the drunk ref

No comments:

Post a Comment